EMAC-AiMark doctoral dissertation award (2022)
New generations of marketing experts are crucial to develop the theories and tools that shape the future of our field. The EMAC-AiMark doctoral dissertation award recognizes and encourages this emerging talent.
Three finalists will be honored with cash prizes and the opportunity to present their work at the online EMAC 2022 Annual Conference ( Budapest, Hungary).
- Doctoral students who have (or will have) completed and defended their degrees in 2021 are welcome to apply.
- The applicant or his/her advisor should be an EMAC member in either 2021 or 2022 at the time of application (Click here to join EMAC)
- Doctoral students are eligible to apply whether or not their dissertations have been published. In other words, publication is not necessary, but also does not represent a disadvantage to any applicant.
- No individual can apply for the award more than once or submit more than one topic for consideration.
Submissions will be judged based on a defined set of criteria:
- Is it interesting?
- What is the contribution over and above existing literature?
- What is the significance of the managerial contribution?
- How valid are the research conclusions?
The selection committee will be comprised of the EMAC VP Education and Professional Development (Chair), EMAC VP Conferences, and EMAC VP Membership and Communication. In case a committee member has a conflict of interest with a submission, s/he will not be involved in evaluating that submission or will be replaced by an Area Editor of IJRM. The selection committee’s decision is final, and applicants will have no legal recourse.
The selection committee chair and the VP Membership and Communication will select two external reviewers for each submission, unless they judge the summary submitted by an applicant to be inappropriate or of insufficient quality. Based on outside reviews and a subsequent evaluation by the entire selection committee, three finalists will be selected to present their summaries to the selection committee (and other attendees) at the online EMAC 2021 Annual Conference in Madrid. The selection committee will then select the first, second and third place winners, and their names will be announced at the conference.
In order to be considered for the awards, the three finalists must present their research at the online EMAC 2021 Annual Conference ( Madrid, Spain). They will be honored with a certificate a cash prize (1st place: EUR 5,000; 2nd place: EUR 3,000; 3rd place: EUR 1,000).
Please submit the following (all materials must be in English):
- A single, coherent summary derived from your dissertation, following IJRM style (no more than 20 double-spaced pages, including all figures, tables, and references).
The summary should NOT be an overview of your entire dissertation but rather only focus on the main research project. In addition, sufficient details should be provided so that external examiners can determine the technical merit and potential impact of the work.
- An abstract as a separate document (no more than 2 double-spaced pages).
- An optional technical appendix, if desired, explaining your methodology (no more than 10 double-spaced pages).
- If relevant, a table of the papers of your dissertation with the names of the coauthors and, if already published, names of the journal(s) in which published (no more than 1 page).
The total length of your submission (not including the abstract & table of papers) should not exceed 30 double-spaced pages. Shorter submissions are welcome.
No author information should be mentioned on the summary or on the separate abstract, as they will be DOUBLE-BLIND reviewed. If these documents contain any information identifying you or your co-author(s), your submission will be removed from further consideration.
To consider your submission, we must receive all application materials by January 11, 2022 15:00 CET Time.
Submission Link: TBA
Finalists will be notified in April 2022
If you have questions on submitting your entry, please contact:
EMAC Executive Secretary